Introducing Mrs. G

This blog is designed to help you deal with your everyday dilemas. Mrs. G has experience in handling trials, troubles, challenges, as well as can offer great advice and simple everyday solutions for your not so simple dilemas. Mrs. G is a creative "Genious" and is filled with never ending ideas. Ask Mrs. G and you will get a practical, no nonsence, moral, and ethical answer and solution. Mrs G. tells it as she sees it honestly and with no holes barred. You may not like what you hear, but maybe that is exactly what you need to hear!

This blog is rated G and ABSOLUTELY NO Illicit materials, language, photos or otherwise inappropriate comments or questions will be tolerated or accepted . Responsible behavior and comments are required.

Visitor Count

PHP Web Hosting

Do you have a question for Mrs. G?

Ok, lets get started.... Please ask your question by clicking on "Comment" below the daily posts or email your questions to askmrsg@gmail.com. Be concise and brief, in your question. Give only necessary details for me to answer your concerns. Check back within a day and your answer will be addressed. I can't wait to hear from you!
Sincerely,
Mrs. G

Friday 8 May 2009

Mothers Day Poem


I wanted to share with you a favorite poem I learned from my Mother. It captures the essence of what most Mothers really want for Mothers day. Read it and make your comments below.

Thanks, Mrs. G.

WHICH LOVED BEST?
by Joy Allison (1917)

"I love you, Mother, said little John;
Then, forgetting his work, his cap went on.
And he was off to the garden swing,
Leaving his mother the wood to bring.

"I love you, Mother, said rosy Nell,
"I love you more than tongue can tell."
Then she teased and pouted full half the day.
Till her mother rejoiced when she went to play.

I love you, Mother," said little Nan,
"To-day I'll help you all that I can;
How glad I am that school doesn't keep!"
So she rocked the babe till he fell asleep.

Then stepping softly, she took the broom,
And swept the floor, and dusted the room.
Busy and happy all day was she;
Helpful and happy as a child could be.

"I love you, Mother," again they said,
Three little children going to bed.
How do you think that mother guessed
Which of them really loved her best?

My advice for those who are reading this post, that all our Mother really want's is love, and kindness and thoughtfulness. She really doens't need more perfume, or clothes, or gifts you buy at the store. It is the gifts of the heart that make Mom happy. Try it and see her response.


Today my son, yes even two days before Mothers day, called me up on the telephone to wish me a Happy mothers day. He told me that he really wanted to buy me something but he was broke, so he wanted to tell me one of the greatest things that I have done for him in his life. He said though there were many, he appreciated how I took such good care of him with every migrane. He said, "Thankyou for still helping me even during the migranes and I yelled at you and was pretty mean, but somehow you knew that it was not me but the migraine."

I want to thank this son of mine, as his gratitude for me has justified me as a mother. We all question if we did enough or helped enough or loved enough, but His phone call, let me know that my mothering was enough and more.

Happy, Happy Mothers Day to all mothers! Happy, Happy Day to those who are yet to be mothers or have not had the opportunity to be one. Women deserve all the kudos that they get for all that they do in the service of their families. Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,
Mrs. G

No comments: