Dear Mrs. G,
I am constantly getting these unwanted emails from all kinds of people saying that they want me to help them because of their situation or they want to send me money or that I have won some kind of foreign lottery. I know that they are scams but I am so sick of getting them. If I get another email from one of these scammers, I am going to scream.
Love email, hate spammers
Dear Hating Spammers,
I can appreciate what you are saying. I think certain email carriers are better than others at controlling the spam that comes to you. I personally have several email accounts with different carriers and I believe that the ones that you can use for free are the ones that have less controls, and those are the ones that I too have trouble with. Here are some tips from me...
1. Don't reply or respond to any unsolicited emails that want to give you something for free, like winning the lottery, want to deposit money into your bank account or whatever. Those are bogus and are focusing on trying to deceive you but will sting you in the end. Delete them when they come into your inbox.
2. Don't open up unsolicited emails from people you have never heard of. Many contain virus' and your computer will be much happier if it doesn't get sick. You will be happier too, when you don't have to replace your hard drive because of a virus.
3. That delete button is there for a reason.... use it.
4. Like the old saying goes... if it is too good to be true, then it probably is.
5. If your current email carrier cannot control your spam, then change to one that can. The free ones are usually the worst for letting spam get through. If you have the ability to set your spam blocker controls higher, do it. If not, change to a more reliable carrier.
6. If you have to pay a small monthly fee to get better email service, it is worth it to not have the headache of dealing with unwanted solicitations and spam. Make your life easier in any way you can, and this one is a simple solution.
I hope that I have helped you. Emailing is a really great way to communicate and I love the technology and the Internet. It can bless your life, but if it is cursing your life, then do what you can to make a change. Oh and don't give out any personal information. Identity theft happens all the time. Don't let it catch you!
Do you have a question for Mrs. G?
Ok, lets get started.... Please ask your question by clicking on "Comment" below the daily posts or email your questions to email@example.com. Be concise and brief, in your question. Give only necessary details for me to answer your concerns. Check back within a day and your answer will be addressed. I can't wait to hear from you!